We are having a baby - A guidebook for expectant parents
(by the National Institute for Health and Welfare)
Pregnancy, childbirth, parenting and the life after baby has arrived are very common concerns to all expectant parents. This is especially the case in the families where both or one of the parents come from different culture compared to the country where the child is born. The common questions families might have include for example:
- Where can we get information about pregnancy and childbirth?
- How does the Finnish “neuvola” system work?
- What happens during the birth?
- How to take care of the baby?
- What if our baby gets ill?
- What kind of services there are available for families with small children?
- How can we support each other as parents and take care of our relationship?
“We are having a baby” A guidebook for expectant parents by THL (National Institute for Health and Welfare) answers to the questions mentioned above and gives a lot of valuable information for families expecting a child in Finland.