The lecture video consists of three parts. The first part deals with stress in expatriates and the second with stress reduction. At the end of the lecture there is a short guided meditation (10 minutes):
1. Stress in Expatriates
- Potential stressors in a host country
- The states of being during the adaptation cycle
- The Common Cold Study
- What is stress?
- Acute and chronic stress
- Stress effects on the body
2. Stress Reduction
- Appropriate coping strategies for expatriates
- The power of mind
- Lemon experiment
- About meditation
3. Guided 10 minutes long meditation
- Watch the recorded lecture here (the video opens in another tab on Perheaikaa.fi website)
- The lecture was organised by Duo for intercultural families in cooperation with Väestöliitto.
- Perheaikaa.fi is a service provided online by the Family Federation (Väestöliitto). The website gives access to social support and assistance from experts in the convenience of one's own home. The service is aimed at everyone planning to have or expecting a child as well as parents of young children. Duo partners with Family Federation in producing material in the forms of online lectures and articles to the website.
- Kateřina Mononen, the lecturer, is a qualified psychologist, who provides psychological counselling and other services in her private practice in Helsinki